Why Do Words Matter?
Words are everywhere, right? Whenever we're not physically there to tell people about whatever it is we've created our branding and the written word is doing it for us.
Sharing your creation - your products, your services, your passion projects - takes many forms. But from business cards to web content, to leaflets, magazine articles, and beyond, those pesky ol' words are there.
Waffle and people lose interest. Use the wrong words and you turn people off. Too few words and we're left guessing - you whaaa?
In fact words are so important some business gurus advocate writing your own - because no-one's got what you've got.
But that's a lot of words. And not all of us want to write them. If:
You'd rather stick pins in your eyes than write
You just don't have the darned time
Or, you've got zombie writing
a copywriter - like moi - can help. To find out why I'm 'qualified' to write words check out my mini bio below.
Writing (& other relevant) Adventures
- I'm a freelance copywriter based in Leigh-on-sea and London - both creative hotbeds in their own unique ways...
- Currently writing on creativity, ideas and making your mark - some Hollywood star once said: "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." But following your own North Star and believing being you is enough is easier said than done, right?
- I've been writing a lot on careers and recruitment over the past few years - think: blog posts, website content, advertorials, email campaigns, etc
- I also create product descriptions for fashion brands - that's the concise and (hopefully) informative info you read when you're shopping online. Clients include: Joseph, Adrianna Papell and La Perla; and previously Monsoon and vintage brand Rokit
- I've got a thing for ethical style and wellbeing - I previously had a monthly column at yoga-centric website (Baoli.com) which has since been reborn as MichaelaOlexova.co.uk
- I'm a member of an art collective called SEVEN - a creative journalling group who collaborate on experimenting with ways to access new ideas we can apply to our individual art practices; and share with others via shows at Metal and in Leigh Art Trail
- I got a teensy PG Cert. in Fashion & Lifestyle Journalism from the London College of Fashion - this helped hone my meandering writing ways no end. Although my tutor did recommend I do an MA and write a book...
- As a culture enthusiast, intrigued by exhibitions, I've worked in a few museums - these include: the Imperial War Museum, the Fashion & Textile Museum - founded by Zandra Rhodes - and an internship at the British Museum
- I have a degree in Classics and received a prize for my final year dissertation research - I combined my love of art and mythical women and ideas into this beauty: The Figure of Circe in Homer, Post Homeric Literature & Fin-de-Siecle Art & Culture
- I undertook an Art Foundation after school with the aim of getting into fashion or theatre - obviously life took me in other directions. But work experience at the Palace Theatre, Westcliff-on-Sea, is still one of the highlights of my life!
Go to my portfolio to check out the kind of blogs, brochures, advertorials, articles, white papers, email campaigns and product descriptions I've written.
Contact Me Here
I'm Leigh-on-sea and London based. But, you know, words travel.
When you get in touch I'd love to know:
- A little about your project or business (just a sentence or two)
- And, what you need help with (writing-wise) ...